Translate Page

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Daniel Fast Days 4 - 5, raisins, and a technical tip

I'll give you the tip first because I can't believe I let things go this far..  I typically leave my work up on my computer - at night and really, during the week also. You know, because it is such an 'inconvenience' to reopen your tabs on chrome (not). Chrome is the best browser, in my opinion. The thing I most like about Chrome, aside from it rarely crashing, is that you can set your tabs to reopen up to certain pages every time you restart your computer and open the browsing page.

Yes, I know, we all hear from the IT guys at work that shutting down every night is ideal. So, I imagine this just boils down to laziness? Hmm..  Perhaps, I need to readjust my priorities.. it would certainly save my little computer some 24/7/365 anxiety.. or whatever it is that the processor "feels" by being overworked.. poor 'lil guy..

Okay, personification over.  My internet is again working and my little computer didn't crash. Phew!

I didn't have a chance to post last night.

I wanted to share the delicious creation I had planned to make prior to my computer "scare."

No new creation - tomorrow I plan to make more flat bread - this time from rye flour.  Same basic recipe.  I will include process photos too.

Daniel Fast for days 4 and 5 came with a delicious new respect for raisins, albeit the yellow ones.  I mentioned in my last post a recipe I made which included them.  If you are not normally a fan of raisins, I would urge you to try them in this recipe and see what you think.  Take it from someone who has picked raisins out of every thing from cookies to rice pudding and anything else in between. Go figure too, because I love grapes!

I think because they were cooked the sweet flavor was less intense.  Also, coupled with the sunflower seeds - or nuts, if you choose - and spicing, the flavors just seems to meld together nicely.

Have you tried this or a similar recipe before?  Let me know if you plan to try it and your results in the comments below.  Don't forget to subscribe!

Thanks for reading!  Be blessed!



Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment