Translate Page

Monday, October 6, 2014

Daniel Fast Day 1

So, today was Day 1 of the Daniel Fast.

The fast that I am following is according to the book written by Susan Gregory, "The Daniel Fast." Susan was inspired by God to write about this plan as a way of fasting. She writes in her book, "Fasting is a powerful spiritual discipline designed by out Creator to draw us closer to Him, and the Daniel Fast is an experience for your whole person: body, soul, and spirit."  Just reading that sentence in the introduction portion of the book settles any anxious thoughts. At least it did that for me.

I have to say, I do feel different physically at the end of my day today, partially due to eating cleaner foods. I feel far less "full" and completely satisfied. I do not crave the sweets as I may have before: Nutter Butters, Cookie Dough Ice cream (or let's face it, most any flavor as long as it's ooey and gooey), pie, brownies, etc...)  As I was sitting down reflecting after dinner at around 8pm, I really wondered if anything had happened today, in my heart or my mind, etc. After all, I thought, it's just the first day.  Am I too hopeful that anything should change on day 1? The thing is, something did change inside. I"m actually full and satisfied, not over-full or bloated from stuffing my face. I have to thank the Almighty and his Holy Spirit for that.

In case you are wondering what I ate today, here is my menu below:

All of my food was prepared in my kitchen from something grown or mildly produced (flour and oat bran is milled, etc.):



Breakfast:
Oat bran (Bob's Red Mill Organic)
Diced organic apple (bag of organic apples from Aldi)
Cinnamon
Caraway seed
Raisins or sunflower seeds (optional - I forgot to add sunflower seeds but I plan to tomorrow)

Snack:
2 rice cakes
Organic peanut butter (no sugar or sweetener added)
Black bean hummus
Carrots and cucumbers

Lunch:
Homemade veggie barley soup

Dinner:
Had the barley soup again because I really did love it earlier today.
Had just made the Chapattis (Indian flat bread), so I got to enjoy some of those with the soup.

And of course, plenty of water.

I am looking forward to the remaining 20 days of this fast and of the changes about to take place in my heart and soul and spirit.

Amen!

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe below! Thanks!


Teri




No comments:

Post a Comment