Translate Page

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Easy Peasy..and healthy?!



Quite possibly the tastiest quick and easy breakfast you will EVER try!! I can't get over this one.  It is just that good!  

This is a recipe by Nick and Gen - two of my favorite bloggers who tell the truth about nutrition.  Nick's book, The Truth About Fat Burning Foods, really opened my eyes and I've not turned back.  You can buy his e-Book or if you aren't in the position yet to do so, you can get a ton of information from his blog. The thing I like the most about them and their outlook is that they don't demand you do it all perfectly all at once - or at all.  They are real people and know the difficulties in life, they have this way to put you at east about Real Nutrition.

So this recipe above is called Cottage Cheese Bowl, I used a pear in the photo above however I think apples are tastier.  Using organic (no pesticides) is best but again maybe it is not feasible or desirable quite yet.  


For 1 serving you will need an apple (peel the skin off if not organic), 1 cup of Cottage Cheese, 1 tsp of Cinnamon, a handful of Almonds, a handful of raisins (optional), 1 tsp raw honey.

Crush the almonds (I use a mortar and pestle for this step but you could put the almonds in a magic bullet, or towel and use a hammer or something to break up the almonds) and set aside.

Cut the apple into bite size pieces.

In a bowl add the ingredients, I like to layer them: Cottage Cheese, Apple pieces, Almond pieces, drizzle the raw honey (I heat mine up because it pours easier), cinnamon.

Add spoon. Mix it up and eat!  YUM!

Leave me a comment below and don't forget to subscribe!  Thank you for reading.


Be Blessed!


Teri



No comments:

Post a Comment