Translate Page

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Progress!! (Originally posted 6/2/2014)

Progress is progress! Sleep comes easier for many -including myself- with an increase in exercise, so that's the plan. I have a few things on my mind as well today as far as incorporating grass-fed/Finished Beef into my daily intake. Does anyone have suggestion on brand? I've seen Grass Fed Beef at places like Wegman's and BJ's Wholesale Club but I will have to check on if it is Grass finished as well.  I love research!

So this morning, after some much needed coffee and coconut milk (great alternative for creamer), red onion (yes, the ones from the chopping session), & Aldi's Simply Nature Uncured ham omelet, I had some greatly appreciated Quiet Time in my favorite spot on my living room couch.  (btw, now at Aldi - at least on the Eastern coast of the US -, pay $4.99 for 16 oz jar of Organic Virgin unrefined Coconut Oil!!)


For a few weeks, now, I have been contemplating the idea of eating beef again. For me it is health reasons. A few weeks may seem like a bit too long to some, but I like to take my time when introducing new foods to my daily intake regimen, especially beef.  Prior to this past Memorial Day, I had pretty much stayed away from all red meat - mostly due to the smell of it in raw state but also due to the pesticides, hormones, and diseases I'd heard about in milk and beef production and finished products. I have allergies to Cow milk anyway - organic or not. So I completely cut that out of my daily intake in all forms - no cows.  Until, like I said several weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Blog, that it even occurred to me that there just may be another way into eating red meat again with all of its nutrients and health benefits. 
I am pretty convinced about the Grass-fed and finished beef now.  I see Wegman's has a nice selection on Grass Fed beef (and hopefully finished with grass as well) and I believe I saw some at BJ's Wholesale.  Now I've just got to budget this in.

Clean eating is fairly new to me.  I was introduced to it a few months ago more fully and at that time had started to incorporate little changes to my daily intake.  I do not believe in DIEts, not anymore that is. One of my favorite blogs also mentions this and although I've heard it for years, I'd have to give credit to Nick Pineault for really drilling the idea home. I do believe in lifestyle and eating changes, call it a diet if you like but to me, as my readings and understanding has led me to understand them, Diets start with the word "die" and I want to create a positive change, and not invite any negative subliminal or subconscious thinking into my healthy changes. There that's my 2 cents on that topic...


Please share your comments and don't forget to subscribe below.  What are your experiences with coupons? Do you use them?

Thanks and Be Blessed!



Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment